CPU fan and heatsink for FM2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mconnelly

I purchased a SilenX Effizio EFZ-92HA2 - 92mm Spiral Heat sink for my AMD A8-5600k APU because the seller said it had a universal bracket so it would fit most AMD processors. Well, can someone please explain to me how the heck I install this thing? The screw holes on the bracket are configured in a square not a rectangle which is how the mobo screw holes are set up. Do I install it without the bracket or what? Pleeeeeaaaaassssse help me.

The cooler was released in 2011, whereas the FM2 socket was launched in 2012, so that's the problem here, it's just not universal enough.

crjdriver

I do not know what you paid for that cooler however it is a $9 cooler and as such it is not going to deliver much in the way of performance.

Next I looked at the support page for that cooler and it does not have a manual for download. Without having it in front of me, it is pretty hard to tell you how you config the cooler to fit.
Generally the amd/instel "universal" coolers have a bracket that is adjustable ie it moves OR you have multiple sets of spring clips so you can use it on socket 1150, 1155, amd 939, AM2/3, etc.

In short, this cooler is not going to give you any performance benefit over the stock amd cooler and I would just use the amd hsf rather than the one you purchased.

you install it on the STOCK amd bracket.......that is on all amd motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online