1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Fan Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Samlighty, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Samlighty

Samlighty Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I've had a problem that has been going on for several months and as it's never caused a problem I never bothered to get it fixed (lazy, I know).

On bootup the error "CPU fan error" comes up and I am required to press F1 to continue.

I took the side-panel off my computer and started it up. After starting it up, the fan was not running even though the cable was firmly connected to "CPU Fan" on the motherboard.

Do you have any suggestions?

The fan is this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/arct...1156-s775-am3-am2plus-am2-939-up-to-130-watts!

All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Irukku

Irukku

The fan is probably dead, you can either replace or try to oil it so it gets back to work. Don't ever ignore a CPU fan warning again, it may cause your computer to freeze/malfunction or even kill your processor! xD

3. Samlighty

Samlighty Thread Starter

My PC hasn't suffered from it because of the built-in fans in the case itself. The highest temperature it has reached is 32 Celsius.
    I guess I just need to remove it and either buy a new one or fix it.

4. replay

replay

case fans bring in cool air and exhaust warm/hot air from your internal componants
    they don't cool your processor
    right now the processor is being cooled ONLY by the metal heatsink
    it is supposed to be cooled by a combo of the two heatsink AND fan............... the fan is to dissipate the heat from the h/s

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice