CPU Fan Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Samlighty

Hi guys,

I've had a problem that has been going on for several months and as it's never caused a problem I never bothered to get it fixed (lazy, I know).

On bootup the error "CPU fan error" comes up and I am required to press F1 to continue.

I took the side-panel off my computer and started it up. After starting it up, the fan was not running even though the cable was firmly connected to "CPU Fan" on the motherboard.

Do you have any suggestions?

The fan is this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/arct...1156-s775-am3-am2plus-am2-939-up-to-130-watts!

All help is greatly appreciated.

The fan is probably dead, you can either replace or try to oil it so it gets back to work. Don't ever ignore a CPU fan warning again, it may cause your computer to freeze/malfunction or even kill your processor! xD

Samlighty

My PC hasn't suffered from it because of the built-in fans in the case itself. The highest temperature it has reached is 32 Celsius.
I guess I just need to remove it and either buy a new one or fix it.

case fans bring in cool air and exhaust warm/hot air from your internal componants
they don't cool your processor
right now the processor is being cooled ONLY by the metal heatsink
it is supposed to be cooled by a combo of the two heatsink AND fan............... the fan is to dissipate the heat from the h/s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online