1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Fan goes really fast randomly?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ExodiusUK, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ExodiusUK

ExodiusUK Thread Starter

Hello,

im having a few worries about my new system, i just recently got my desktop pc last week and for some reason it seems to be going really loud and fast? is this normal or do i need to change something?

screenshot of Asrock Overclocking Program: Please note: i haven't overclocked anything that i know of.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now at the moment it shoows around 3000RPM on the CPU Fan, but was at over 5000RPM in the red when it was going really fast.

Thanks for your help in adavanced.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of the temps when its running normally and when its really loud?

3. Spawny

Spawny

My CPU fan goes really fast (speeds up) at times also.
    It is because I have Celeron D 3.2Ghz cpu which gets hotter during certain cpu loads.

Celeron D 3.x cpu's get hotter because it has 65watt with 65nm technology.

If your cpu as that similar technology this may be the reason your fan speeds up randomly.

Also have you over clocked your cpu? Which can be dangerous. You may need to get a higher rated heatsink and more efficient fan if you have overclocked your cpu.

4. ExodiusUK

ExodiusUK Thread Starter

5. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Its probably going over 50 degrees and the fan is kicking in as per the Asrock utility to keep the CPU at 50 degrees or below. Do you have a stock AMD heatsink or an aftermarket cooler/fan? You may also want to change the Target CPU temp to 55 or 60, but not any higher. But under heavy CPU load it may still rev up to keep the CPU cool.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

42 degrees on the motherboard seems high, can you post the complete specs of the system including the case, power supply, and all fans.

7. ExodiusUK

ExodiusUK Thread Starter

Hello, its doing it again now go really fast and here is the screen shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ExodiusUK

ExodiusUK Thread Starter

AMD Phenom X6 Six Core AM3 2.8GHz x6
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB HDD
    ATI HD5450 1GB Graphics
    ASROCK MotherBoard
    500W Power Supply
    Custom Case

9. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Is the heatsink/fan a stock AMD one an aftermarket one? Also was the system re-assembled for you or did you assemble?

You didn't post the temps, but the clock speed is at full so it makes sense the temp would increase and so would the fans.

The case and power supply should have brand names and model number, the Asrock motherboard has a model number as well. How many case fans, what are there location, and which way are they blowing?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015539