CPU Fan going from max RPM to 0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

designedsilence

I have been having an issue for the past few days where my CPU Fan spins mostly at 2800 RPM then will sometimes drop as low as 0 for a couple seconds then back up to 2800.. Immediately when I turn on my PC it spins to 2800 RPM..I have a Scythe Ninja 3 fan and Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard.. Could this be anything software related or is the fan about to die?

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

designedsilence

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8167 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, 1280 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 42412 MB; D: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 37756 MB; E: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 31589 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
Antivirus: Avira Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online