Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpu fan replacement

818 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  black-wolf 
#1 ·
I have a custom machine that one of the fans has started running really loud and is changing pitch all the time. I'm pretty sure that its the cpu fan and im getting ready to replace it.

HOWEVER i have never done this before and i have no idea how to determine what fan to buy to replace it... its one of these that has the heat sync attached. any education on what paramaters i need to consider etc would be appreciated :D

#5 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 159318 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., A8V-X
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

here are the aforementioned specs. however on closer listening... it sounds like its actually the power supply that's dying. i opened the case while i had it on (yes i know that's normally dangerous) but yeah. the power supply is about 330 watts ATX form factor and the main connector is 20+4 pin.... can someone please help me to find a good one? I looked up the model that's in it now on new egg and all i see are sketchy reviews at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.