Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU FAN Replacement

898 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Replaced AVO CPU fan (C7025B12M) on my HP 7955 with a AVO DA07015812U , Both are ball-bearing and three pronged.
The differences between the two fans include that the later fan has a thermal swich-off, and the HP7955 came with the the C7 (former) which was 7000 RPSA, and the new one is 5400 RPN.
I checked on the BIOS Set-up, but I couldn't see any adustments for the fan, so what is it under?
Thanks for your concern!
Meta

meta

See less See more
#3 ·
MetaRCK,
seriously now,
quote:
thermal swich-off
couldn't see any adustments for the fan
have you tried powering the unit up yet?
is it working?
why do you feel the need to set / alter settings?
or that there are any?
quote:
thermal swich-off
if that be the case, doubt there are any,
little app called speed-fan may help you,

#5 ·
Triple6,
quote:
What setting is it you are looking for
quote:
couldn't see any adustments for the fan, so what is it under?
quote:
have you tried powering the unit up yet?
is it working?
why do you feel the need to set / alter settings?
or that there are any?
quote:
thermal swich-off
if that be the case, doubt there are any,
reasonably clear and concise,
????????????????????????

#7 ·
Triple6,
quote triple 6 post t#6:
Daniel, if you put [ Quote=poster name] and [ /Quote] without the space after the first brackets around the text you are quoting it be easier to read your messages.

Example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple6
What setting is it you are looking for

???????????????????????????????????
huh.........
it doesn't seem to just be my post YOU seem to be having a problem with!
all a person has to do BEFORE posting is READ THE THREAD THROUGH,
personally, i also check some of their prior postings,
to get a feel for their experience / tech level,
no matter what tech level THEY SAY they are,
THEN, i try to post an answer they may be comfortable in understanding,
i'm not here to 'skim' a couple lines and figure i know all the answers,
OR try to see how many post numbers i can rack up!!!
have a good day sir,

#10 ·
Maybe folks are picking up my frustration on the computer repairs...so sorry for all the issues, but I've had three computers go down in as many days! Thanks to the helpful tech folks on this forum, I've been troubleshooting, trying solutions, AND FIXING 'em!
I research as much as I can on the net, checking hardware and how-to sites, etc., then what is unanswerable (to me) I pose to the forum.... Just reading over past threads and posts teaches so much about the issues...
I am very thankful for everyone who shares their knowledge empowering others to learn more about the infinite challenge of keeping our computers humming along...
....which brings me to the Fan issue... I gingerly tore the CPU fan with two bearings apart, and oiled up the two bearings and shaft, and it is now quietly humming along, too.
I used "Zoom Spout" Turbine oil, and had read also a recommendation for "Super Lube" synthetic lubricant with PTFE (Teflon). Which oil/grease you recommend for fans.
My CPU fan was lagging and starting to stall slightly (if left on overnight) and was too noisy for comfort... Afraid that it might fail, and let the CPU burn up, I bought a new fan with a thermal capacitor... but it would not work on my HP so I tried the oiling and so far it's working...
The new fan would have been superior due to the energy conservation, but when I installed it, and plugged the three prong wire into the Mother Board, the computer reported "The Fan has failed. Have the computer serviced immediately!" and instantly turned itself off. This is why I thought that perhaps I could adjust the setting for the fan on the BIOS set-up or motherboard or???? Is that possible or not... and if so , how ?
The new fan appeared to be spinning along, but the computer sensed that it wasn't and shut-down...

Thanks in advance!

#11 ·
MetaRCK,
in reading your post,
you said some nice things about the forum,
many do not return to even acknowledge the replies,
fewer still have the courtesy to say what you did,
let me at least say 'thank you sir'

i doubt very many would go to the extreme,
of your repair of the fan,
it may last for...
but personally i would get a replacement,

quote:
perhaps I could adjust the setting for the fan on the BIOS set-up or motherboard or???? Is that possible or not... and if so , how ?

a lot of motherboards intended for gamers have an almost endless variety of tweak settings,
i don't know right off of any particular mother board that would have this adjustment,
someone else may know and chime,
as triple6 said though,
hp just doesn't put to much in there for users to play with,

quote my post #3:

if you do install and use speed fan,
make sure you monitor the temps,
IF you FORGET,
well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.