1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU fans spin and stop no boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PaulZink11, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulZink11

PaulZink11 Thread Starter

Rig: Mobo- H370 Aorus gaming 3 WiFi
    CPU- intel core I7 7700k
    Graphics- ASUS gtx 1060
    RAM- Adata XPG 2 sticks 8GB
    SSD- crucial mx500 1tb
    Power supply- can’t recall but is 500w

So I just recently got a new case and motherboard. I switched everything over to the new case and now the pc won’t start. The CPU fans turn on for half a second and turns off. Before that when I turn on the power the motherboard flashes. The CPU light is red. All connections are good. No other fans are spinning not even case lights turn on.

2. replay

replay

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

replay is correct. Your board supports 8th/9th gen processors; NOT the 7xxx series. Your choice is to purchase a board that does support 7th gen OR purchase an 8th/9th gen processor. Never going to work with what you have now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice