1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Fans

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 13buddy, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 13buddy

13buddy Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I just had a problem with my CPU Fans. They were both out and I just happened to take the case off and noticed the problem. I replaced them and had no problem but I wonder how a person would know if they did not take the case off.
    Does anyone know any other way of finding out if they are running? I understand that heat is the biggest problem we face and unless we can check them how else?
    Thanks for any thoughts.
    13buddy

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I would think you could hear them running when working. Their are also programs that that you can get to monitor the cpu temperature.

3. bestshotdude

bestshotdude

There is also another way that most newer mother boards offer. When your system first starts to boot up press "delete" and hold for a few seconds. This will bring up you boards controls. Using the arrow keys go to something close to "System Information" and hit enter. It should give you the rpm's of your fan and temperature of your cpu. If you've got no rpm's and your cpu is over about 110 degrees F., you have a real problem with the fan.

4. 13buddy

13buddy Thread Starter

Thanks Bestshotdude,
    I will give it a try to see if my MB is new enough.

5. 13buddy

13buddy Thread Starter

Doyce,
    The problem with hearing the CPU fans is that the other fan is running at the same time. I will check to see if there is a program to download that will tell me.
    Thank you, 13buddy

6. brianF

brianF

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice