1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU frequency problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kalv, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalv

kalv Thread Starter

I just bought a AMD 6000+ Athlon, but it shows only 3ghz in windows and other third party system-info programs. After looking around in google for the solution i found that your suppose to change the CPU frequency. By default it was already set at 200 which is the minimum, the maximum you can put is 400. But if i put anything above 225 my computer doesn't start up properly. Putting the frequency to 225 increase the CPU to 3.25ghz but this is not enough!!!

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

The 6000+ is supposed to run at 3Ghz.

What were you hoping for?

3. chrome57

chrome57

Hi the way it works is 200 is normal FSB and a 10 percent rise will give you 220,3.3ghz. Fine but above that you will need to give the CPU more power by upping the Voltage from 1.3 to 1.5 or so, try small increases. Most of these will not go above that. Remember that that CPU is125W or 89W, so that is a lot of heat, and when you increase the Voltage and FSB you will greatly increase the heat output.
    O'clockability varies batch to batch, but these are not the best. I have a 4800+ that does close to 3 gig, but I have also trashed more cpus than I care to remember. Skt939 rocked

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice