CPU FSB Changing Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

apakhira

I have an MSI 815M Pro (MS-6334) motherboard with Winbond W83627HF-AW PLL IC.My processor is Intel Celeron 366Mhz.My BIOS doesn't support changing the FSB(Front Side Bus).I have tried Fuzzy Logic III which is bundled with the mobo.It does not show the buttons for setting the FSB.I have also tried various other third-party software like CPUFSB,SoftFSB,etc,in their latest versions but in vain.Please suggest a way to change the FSB of my MOTHERBOARD.

Award BIOS :
Frequency/Voltage Control

AMIBIOS:
PERIPHERAL SETUP

there is nothing there to change?

you need to enable something to change the FSB.. its normally the item on the list just above the FSB

apakhira

I have the AWARD BIOS.But in the CPU/Voltage Control Option there is no FSB-changing option.It only has the following-
Auto-detect DIMM/PCI Clock
Cpu Spread Spectrum
Cpu Clock Multiplier (Changing this does not help as Intel Processors do not support changing this)

What Should I Do?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Maybe you should just run the processor at the speed it was designed for. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by johnwill:
Maybe you should just run the processor at the speed it was designed for. :rolleyes:
Somewhere in Processor Heaven, there is an angelic
choir of 333 Celerons overclocked to 1 Gig.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online