CPU + GFX card upgrade verify

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wakebunt

Heya

I have an Asrock 880 dual pro mobo with a p4 3.0Gig and a geforce 6200.

What i want to verify is the asrock compatible with my upgrade preferences listed below here at this local comp site i buy from ;

CPU INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2180 2.0GHZ#

and

VC XFX 8600GTS 675M PCIe/256MB/DUAL-DVI #

I think the video card is solid, but the CPU idk?? because it says only supported is "pentium extreme/D" varieties, it doesnt explicitly say "dual core" or "core 2 duo/quad" etc, so i believe its limited mobo. But can someone confirm as their page just might suck at compatability itself.

Thanks in advance,

- Wake

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online