1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU inconsistency

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kopheay, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kopheay

Kopheay Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have been dealing with this issue for quite a while. I do most of my gaming on XBox, so I don't care that much. But recently I have started playing TF2 on my laptop. Yea, I know laptops are terrible for gaming, blah, blah, blah. But my computer should be pretty good. The issue is that about every two minutes or so, my CPU usage spikes to 100%, and even weirder, The process list never seems like it should be adding up to 100%. I am intellegent enough to understand how task manager works, and my physical memory is amazing. I have a ton of free memory even when running many applications. But my CPU usage still does this stupid lagspike thing. It causes massive FPS drops and makes gaming virtually impossible. I would REALLY appreciate an intelligent answer, not more questions. if for some reason you can think of multiple reasons, and don't know which I want, just give me all of them.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Its a little difficult to make and sort of assessment without detailed system specs to look at. What is the exact make and model of the laptop, what operating system are you using, is all your software and drivers fully up to date?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice