1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Intel R Pentium CPU G4560 @ 3,50 MHZ gets too hot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeSchatborn, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LukeSchatborn

LukeSchatborn Thread Starter

Hey techs en others !,

So i've been playing a variety of games and it usually goes well but apparently my CPU overheats when i play league of legends. And generally its too hot. Got any tips?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are running it at stock speed so it should be running pretty cool. How long has it been since you cleaned the system ie blow it out with a can of air? If you have not done this task lately, that would be the very first thing I would do. While the case is open, pw ON and check that all fans are in fact spinning. If all fans are spinning, shutdown and give the cpu heatsink fan a twist and be sure it is securely mounted. If all looks well, pw ON and see if it is still overheating.

What exact temps are you seeing when it overheats? What program are you using to monitor temps?

3. LukeSchatborn

I will try what you said. Also im using Intel R Extreme tuning for checking its health. It says my CPU goes between lets say 20-30% effiency and 80-90 % . And also that the temps are too high. I can notice this is true because sometimes my entire pc freezes up. I will clean it now and then run another stress test after and report its findings. Oh and some app called Game booster says its at 112 and 108Celcius Chip and motherboard.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is a decent monitoring program AND a good stress test program. If cleaning with a can of air does not fix the issue, you are going to have to pull the heatsink fan OFF; clean all parts and replace the thermal compound. That processor has been out for approx 2yr so the thermal compound should still be ok however anything can fail.

If you do have to replace the compound, I always recommend pulling the motherboard on the intel type coolers. This is for two reasons;
    1 With the board removed from the case, you can inspect all four pushpins to be sure they are fully seated
    2 If you install the cooler in the case, you have to push quite hard on the pins to seat them. I am always fearful of cracking the motherboard or breaking a solder trace

If you do have to pull the cooler, you might consider replacing it with a better one. I have used the coolermaster 212 type coolers on a number of systems and they work very well. On my intel 7600k [overclocked to 4.5gig] it keeps the system <60C when running prime95 or the intel extreme tuning stress test. Note these coolers are pretty large SO you must check that you have enough room in the case AND they are not the easiest things to install however their performance is excellent.

5. LukeSchatborn

Im pretty sure i got the room but i can't replace my current setup atm. Are there any ways to lower the voltage on my CPU without damaging it beyond repair? I heard somewhere that might cool it down by a bit.

6. LukeSchatborn

i checked both vans but without using the air can. The extra fan that is mounted on the pc wall is super clean and my CPU fan is quite clean. Then my GPU fans same. It somehow still heats up too much.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

To answer your question, maybe. It depends on the motherboard. If this is an asus, gigabyte, or asrock high end motherboard, generally yes, you can set a custom vcore. If this is a big box system, ie dell, hp, whatever, then no you are not setting a custom vcore.
    On all modern systems, vcore is changed on a dynamic basis ie cpu voltage is adjusted in relation to load. As an example, this screenshot is from my personal ryzen system. You can see vcore is currently running @ .496V. It will go up to 1.35V or so when running a stress test.

Attached Files:

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Then you are going to have to at the very least pull the cooler OFF and replace the thermal compound. If you have not pulled a motherboard before and or replaced a heatsinkfan/cooler, I would really do some research prior to attempting this task.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW I would really get a can of air and blow out the cooler, pw supply and the rest of the system. You can get canned air at any computer shop, office supply store, or even walmart.

10. LukeSchatborn

I see could i ask you to take a look maybe using teamviewer? or are you too busy?

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

ALL questions and answers are here in the forum. If you have something ask or post, do it here.

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW, when using a can of air, read the directions. Do not tip it upside down; doing so puts out liquid. While the liquid is not dangerous to parts IF allowed to fully evaporate, pw ON with liquid still in the pw supply, motherboard, video card, is just asking for a problem.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice