Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU keeps on freezing after game play of 10 minutes

Tags
#freeze
1K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  dedyzeros21 
#1 ·
HI i just finish building pc 2 days ago, and i tested some games such as Apex and Far cry. but after 15-20 minutes of gameplay, my CPU freeze and monitor shutdown which i have to restart the cpu or it stuck freeze.

My spec are:
- I5 9400f
- Gtx 1650 super
- Asrock b365m phantom gaming
-m.2 adata sx600
-baracuda 2 tb
-intel stock fan

#2 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200601154545.000000+420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (84 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (1634 GB Free); E: 931 GB (22 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4, s/n M80-D1013701090
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#3 ·
How do you know it's your CPU and not your GPU? What type of CPU cooler did you install? Never mind I see you're using the intel stock fan. Are you monitoring the temps during game play to confirm it's the CPU?

I would switch that stock cooler out to a aftermarket cooler like the Hyper Evo 212.

#6 ·
My monitor is aoc 22e1h 60 hz. The native in display setting said though is 1920*1080 and ingame said native that reso too, nvm on smooth, after 4 games in 1366 reso my pc freeze again and had to restarted, but it better than 1920 reso, played 1 game and already froze. But when playing assassin creed odysey , ihad no problem at all, 1 l hour of gameplay no freeze. Does game effect maybe? But i think assasin creed is far heavier than apex. @bassfisher6522

#7 ·
I think it's more of a hardware problem; maybe a compatibility issue with hardware and game specs or driver/software packages or possibly the CPU thermal paste. When was this PC assembled? How much thermal paste was used to apply stock cooler? Did the stock cooler have the pre applied thermal paste?

Have you checked the system requirements for each game to your hardware specs? It may be a combo deal with that i5 and 1650.

What brand GPU is that? Do you have the software that goes with it installed to set up the GPU?

#8 ·
I think it's more of a hardware problem; maybe a compatibility issue with hardware and game specs or driver/software packages or possibly the CPU thermal paste. When was this PC assembled? How much thermal paste was used to apply stock cooler? Did the stock cooler have the pre applied thermal paste?

Have you checked the system requirements for each game to your hardware specs? It may be a combo deal with that i5 and 1650.

What brand GPU is that? Do you have the software that goes with it installed to set up the GPU?
Im using intel paste that below its stock fan. It was finished 4 days ago. Using a zotac 1650 super

#14 ·
Yes....temps are high for both. Although your T-junction temp for your CPU is 100°C it with in the limits....I don't like 69°C for it. Same with GPU. For both the idle temps (doing nothing on the PC) should be around 25°C to 30°C. Then at load (gmaing) should be no higher than 55°C for both.

Yep....just as I thought. Your fans are running on your GPU until the default temp is reached then they spin up. It's why you need that FireStorm to set the fan curve.

Not sure what's going on with your CPU other than it's the stock cooler.

This brings me to the case you have and how many case fans you have and what type of air flow you have? For air flows there are 3 kinds: Nuetral - where you have an equal amount coming in and going our. Postive - more air coming in than going out. Negative - where you have more going out than coming in.

#15 ·
Yes....temps are high for both. Although your T-junction temp for your CPU is 100°C it with in the limits....I don't like 69°C for it. Same with GPU. For both the idle temps (doing nothing on the PC) should be around 25°C to 30°C. Then at load (gmaing) should be no higher than 55°C for both.

Yep....just as I thought. Your fans are running on your GPU until the default temp is reached then they spin up. It's why you need that FireStorm to set the fan curve.

Not sure what's going on with your CPU other than it's the stock cooler.

This brings me to the case you have and how many case fans you have and what type of air flow you have? For air flows there are 3 kinds: Nuetral - where you have an equal amount coming in and going our. Postive - more air coming in than going out. Negative - where you have more going out than coming in.
I download it and not sure what to do with it 😅, i do have 4 fans , 3 in front (d-ringer alseye rgb with 1400rpm and 1 back digital allience with not sure how many rpm because got it from my friend, i think itd 1300) @bassfisher6522

#16 ·
Look on youtube for videos an how to use the software. This software allows the end user to set up GPU for maximum performance.....manually or automatically.

There should be something for fans and click on that and then look for something called fan curve.

I have a EVGA GPU and it uses Precision X1 and had to download it separately. This is what mine looks like.

Font Line Screenshot Display device Electronic device

#17 ·
Look on youtube for videos an how to use the software. This software allows the end user to set up GPU for maximum performance.....manually or automatically.

There should be something for fans and click on that and then look for something called fan curve.

I have a EVGA GPU and it uses Precision X1 and had to download it separately. This is what mine looks like.

View attachment 277671
Sorry for long respond , btw my pc is normal now and no more freeze, after i place every game i have on limit fps cap 60 and never freeze again, i think the cpu push to 144 fps till its too hot 😅. Anyway thanks for your help mr @bassfisher6522

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.