1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cpu load wont go over 40%

Discussion in 'Games' started by CaptDingle, Jan 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. CaptDingle

CaptDingle Thread Starter

Hey guys just recently I've came across a problem while playing different game such as cs:go and LoL among others to where my fps will drop a lot (almost unplayable) but my load on my CPU never goes above 40%. The temp is fine (around 40-50c) and all the cores are running. Oh and my CPU is i7-7700k. plz help.....Also a really weird part that I forgot to mention is that the fps only really drops when I move my mouse.

2. 737Simpilot

737Simpilot

What type of GPU do you have?

The CPU won't be at 100% usage. Especially if the game is using all the cores in it. I use FSX and it only goes up to about 40% and it's only single core threaded.

Have you tried updating the GPU driver?

There could be a driver conflict with your keyboard/mouse software. Try uninstalling that software and let Windows manage the keyboard/mouse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202806