1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU + M/B Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by jtolem, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtolem

jtolem Thread Starter

I have a custom desktop that began as a Lenovo K450e. I have an Intel Core i5 4460, evga 400 psu, evga gtx 1050 ti 4 gb, added 250 samsung ssd, and added 8 gb RAM for a total of 16 gb.

I was planning to upgrade to a b450m bazooka M/B, AMD Ryzen 5 2600, and 16 gb corsair RAM.

I was just told by another computer forum member that I'd be better off upgrading my PSU and GPU because my current CPU is fine, and he had a strong opinion that AMD is awful and to never leave Intel.

Is my CPU worth upgrading? Is it smart to switch from Intel to AMD? Is it problematic to switch to AMD? Was the guy on the forum right, should I upgrade my GPU and PSU instead?

Any other thoughts or recommendations? I'm a casual gamer, and use my pc for browsing, music, movies, and moderately game. I just want a PC as fast and efficient as possible. I'm looking to spend between $300-$500.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice