CPU makes unusual noise???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chueh

All at sudden, the CPU makes loud "voltage-like" noise. I turned it off and on again, but it still makes the same noise. When I was about to plug USB cord to it (just touched a little), the "shocking/electrocuting" sound was produced.

The noise sounded scary.. What might have happened to my CPU?

Thanks

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
For the sake of clarification, by CPU do you mean the main box for the computer (on the outside of which you might find the the CD drives drives, power button, and many other components)? If that's so you probably have a damaged Power Supply Unit (PSU) which needs replacing. The CPU itself is a single chip somewhere within that box.

chueh

Yes Ent. I meant the entire box that hosts drives, jacks, and the stuff inside.

chueh

BTW, in order to replace the PSU, I need to open the box up, right? Would I find PSU part easily and replace it easily?

Thanks

It would help the Tech's if you could tell them what type of computer you have along with all information you can come up with:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online