1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU, Motherboard, dram, psu problems?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knack911, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. knack911

knack911 Thread Starter

hi,
    over the past couple months i have really got into pc building going so far as to start a small business building for people in my area. anyway the first pc i built was
    Ryzen 3 2200g
    asus gtx 1050 ti 4gb
    MSI b350m pro-vdh
    16gb kingston hyper x ddr4
    deepcool DA500-m 500w psu
    2 hdd's and a ssd.
    anyway i have been slowly replacing parts like a more powerful gpu (strix rx580 8gb) a bigger power supply (cougar gx800) a new motherboard (x370-f gaming). anyway i had to send back the new mother board for a bios update so my pc was sitting for about a week unused. i put together the pc with my old mother (msi B350m) and it seems like its not recognising the ram or cpu i know this because of the debug LED's. i was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to continue. the computer only turns on for a few seconds then power cycles. and the ram get's really hot if i continue trying to turn it on.
    thanks for any help you can offer. much appreciated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. knack911

knack911 Thread Starter

this ram originally worked with the msi b350m because i haven't replaced my ram yet.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

You said "the ram gets really hot" It shouldn't, You need to make sure they are inserted properly, maybe reset the BIOS, check power connections, Make sure the standoffs under the board are not shorting something.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There was no need to send the board back; AMD has a program where they will ship you a loaner cpu to flash the bios of an older board to support the newer processors.
    Next the msi board is not going to support a 2200g without a bios update. Did you update the bios to the latest one?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice