CPU on but no display on Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mistersexy

When I turn on power button my cpu and casing fan rotates my pc turns on, but the monitor displays "no signal. My monitor is okay, I've checked its HDMI cable on other devices. I have tried by removing the GPU and connected the monitor HDMI to the main motherboard but still the monitor says no signal. I have also changed the RAM slot but no luck. No I can't turn my pc on. Point to be noted, my power supply is : 450 watt, CPU: Ryzen 3500x. Thanks in advance. :)

crjdriver

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running [other than a 3500X]
In order to help you, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs. Note do not post 450W pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

You might need to update the bios on your motherboard and also check the compatibility on the motherboard and see if your cpu is compatible with your motherboard.

mistersexy

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running [other than a 3500X]
In order to help you, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs. Note do not post 450W pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
Motherboard: As-rock B450M pro-4f
RAM: 8 gb 2400 mhz
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3500x
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5500 XT 4gb
PSU: Crosair 450 watt

That board, very similar to the regular B450m Pro 4, needs BIOS P1.60 for the 3500/3500x if you can't boot up with your GPU and you have no signal it could be your BIOS needing to be updated. Your 3500x is a one-off newish Ryzen 3000 series CPU in that series that you typically find in OEM units or other markets, or the issue could be your PSU as well. You will not be able to just hook up your HDMI to the motherboard's own HDMI I/O that is for an AMD APU that uses integreted on-cpu (iGPU) graphics. Your Ryzen 3500 does not have that capability so your system will always need a dedicated GPU.

1. Be sure you have the power connector from the PSU connected to the GPU. If you don't have it connected it can either not start, or give restarts, or errant bahavior even on the desktop.

2. ASrock boards need the ram seated quite firmly, be sure you have actually heard the 'click' when seating your ram and it looks level and seated correctly. Go ahead and reseat it anyway.

3. Reseat your GPU as well.

4. Do a cursory review of your build check all cables, especially your motherboard 24 pin and your CPU power pin (from the PSU) go ahead reseat those too. Try again, if you have issues still with no display see if you can try another power supply. A good quality 500w-600w is what I would recommend for your GPU. Quality would be a gold rated power supply with about 40-50A on the +12v rail.

mistersexy

You might need to update the bios on your motherboard and also check the compatibility on the motherboard and see if your cpu is compatible with your motherboard.
Yes, my motherboard is an AMD motherboard, so definitely its compatible.
That board, very similar to the regular B450m Pro 4, needs BIOS P1.60 for the 3500/3500x if you can't boot up with your GPU and you have no signal it could be your BIOS needing to be updated. Your 3500x is a one-off newish Ryzen 3000 series CPU in that series that you typically find in OEM units or other markets, or the issue could be your PSU as well. You will not be able to just hook up your HDMI to the motherboard's own HDMI I/O that is for an AMD APU that uses integreted on-cpu (iGPU) graphics. Your Ryzen 3500 does not have that capability so your system will always need a dedicated GPU.

1. Be sure you have the power connector from the PSU connected to the GPU. If you don't have it connected it can either not start, or give restarts, or errant bahavior even on the desktop.

2. ASrock boards need the ram seated quite firmly, be sure you have actually heard the 'click' when seating your ram and it looks level and seated correctly. Go ahead and reseat it anyway.

3. Reseat your GPU as well.

4. Do a cursory review of your build check all cables, especially your motherboard 24 pin and your CPU power pin (from the PSU) go ahead reseat those too. Try again, if you have issues still with no display see if you can try another power supply. A good quality 500w-600w is what I would recommend for your GPU. Quality would be a gold rated power supply with about 40-50A on the +12v rail.
Thank you very much for the tips, I'll definitely try those. My GPU recommends minimum of 450 watt, that's why I have bought 450 watt, though I wanted to buy a bit more than the minimum requirement. It was going well for 17 days. AFTER THAT THIS DISASTER HAPPENED

crjdriver

It was going well for 17 days. AFTER THAT THIS DISASTER HAPPENED
So my understanding is that the system did work for a short time; is that correct?
If that is the case, it is not a bios problem. If by chance this is a VS or CX corsair, that would be the very first thing I would suspect. Corsair sells some very fine pw supplies however the aforementioned ones are not those; the vs or cx units are made for a basic build NOT running a gaming type card.

It is also possible that something was not fully seated ie atx and or cpu pw connectors, ram, etc. As Blu_86 pointed out go back and recheck your work; reseat all connectors, ram, etc.

Last edited:

mistersexy

So my understanding is that the system did work for a short time; is that correct?
If that is the case, it is not a bios problem. If by chance this is a VS or CX corsair, that would be the very first thing I would suspect. Corsair sells some very fine pw supplies however the aforementioned ones are not those; the vs or cx units are made for a basic build NOT running a gaming type card.

It is also possible that something was not fully seated ie atx and or cpu pw connectors, ram, etc. As Blu_86 pointed out go back and recheck your work; reseat all connectors, ram, etc.
Yes you are correct, it ran very well for a short time. I've tried few time by reseating all those ram, gpu and other stuffs, but nothing happened.

mistersexy

Corsair VS450 450W 80 Plus White Certified Non-Modular Power Supply
- This my PSU model.

crjdriver

Is "Corsair CV" a good option for running game card?
No. If you want a corsair, AX, HX, or RM models. Other quality mfg; seasonic, evga [supernova models] or antec [HCG models] These are what I use and recommend for a gaming/overclocking type system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online