1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cpu over 50%

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xtalibanux, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xtalibanux

xtalibanux Thread Starter

Hi guys. I have a pretty ugly problem with my windows 7. i have a 2.7 Ghz dual core processor & 2.5Gb ram memory and i'm running windows 7 since it appeared on the market. In the past month or so, i started to notice that my cpu is constantly staying over 50% even when i don't have any program running. if i'm trying to play any game or browse the internet...or watch a movie, my pc moves very slow.
    I watched task manager for a while and i noticed that there is for example only one program using 50-60% cpu, let's say firefox (again this is just an example). ok, i use "end process" on firefox. as soon as it closes, the next process in task manager list starts to use 50-60%cpu. if i end that process too, another process comes up and uses too much cpu, and so on.
    I installed avast antivirus, and malwarbytes, scanned my pc, nothing worked. i even formatted my hdd (full format, not only one partition), reinstalled win 7 (multiple times, different versions), after this it worked fine for ~ one day, then again...same problem.
    If i install win xp it's working fine. And the same thing happened on my laptop , so i think it may be some kind of virus but i can't find it :confused:. Do you have an idea what could be the issue?

Thanks and have a good day.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model name and model number of that computer?

Is it running Windows 7 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Download MGADiag to your desktop.

Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program.

Click "Continue".

Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).

Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.

Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. xtalibanux

xtalibanux Thread Starter

it's an asus m2n-cm dvi and i'm running windows7 32 bit

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Where is the MGA log that I requested?

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice