CPU over heating on new build

Toakopaka123

Hi yall! i just finished a new build. All new parts with an old graphics card. here's the parts lists
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB Mini Video Card
Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Rosewill SPECTRA X ATX Mid Tower Case

So when I booted it up, I ran the auto settings for the bios. I don't really know the recommended settings but when it booted it shows that my CPU temps are reaching 100c while it's idling. This is odd because in the bios it showed the CPU at 40c. The SSD and hard drive already have files in it from the old comp so I didn't need to download everything again. So when I first booted it up I ran specy to see if my temps were normal. Idk why it's reading so high. Do I need a new cooler? Did I get the wrong motherboard and it's not handling the CPU? or do I not have the appropriate settings in the bios? need help!!

crjdriver

AMD changed the way the 2xxx processors report temp. Download and run ryzen master. That will give you accurate temp info.
Note ryzen master is also an overclocking program. Do not make any changes; just use the monitor part of the program. Here is what ryzen master looks like. It will look slightly different with a 2xxx processor. As you can see an overclocked 3800X is running @31.5C with a light load.

Attachments

Zee01

sid
First change of graphic card, if the problem still persists then you should change the mother board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online