CPU Overclock?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Well he is overclocking by using the motherboard, he's using 1066 FSB instead of the usual 800 FSB for this cpu. What he has done though is mod the chip to allow it to run at the faster FSB speed. this is done by soldering some pins/pads on the cpu to change id.

have a google with "Intel P4 630 3ghz 4ghz mod" youll come up with some info.

karbonfyber

Wow thanks for clearing that up for me. Guess you learn something new everyday.

karbonfyber

It's not a voltage mod as the 6xx series do not have pins. They use the LGA775 configuration. I can't find any information about modding a 630 or any 6xx series processor. I see people who have reached 4.0GHz with the 630 using air cooling but they did not mod the CPU, just changed FSB using the BIOS settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online