1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU overclocking...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the_man550, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_man550

the_man550 Thread Starter

hello

I've started to overclock my computers parts a bit.

My RAM's at 5-5-5-15 (I'm working on getting it lower) and 1104Mhz (high enough I believe...)

The thing is that my cpu doesn't want to go higher then an extra 81mhz (YeY).

As soon as I set the FSB at anything higher then 276 it doesn't work!

OBS: I don't know how to overclock my cpu through BIOS. I simply cant find it? My MoBo is listed above, anyone know where to look?

Questions: *Why can't I OC more then 81mhz? I know that it's different cpu to cpu, but just 81mhz?
    *Where can I find the CPU OC in my BIOS?

Thx

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Firstly, hoe asre you currently clocking? Software tends to be lower then hardware. You will need to change in th eBIOS- check user manual to find out where your settings are, yo uare looking for FSB adjustment.
    As far as the 6600 goes, mine runs at 1333 happily, and it will go up to about 1500 without probs, although windows does have a problem with that.

3. the_man550

hrm... lol.... sry :S

Didn't mean fsb :S

I meant the central clock (wt* I've forgotten the name oO)

Also, it appears like my CPU is running at ~1800mhz constantly, I thought that was a power saving thing that is activated when I leave the computer or just surf the internet and stuff. And the multiplier is at 7x, shouldn't it be at 9?

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Hmmmmmm. The multiplier can change to suit conditions, so if its not working too hard, it will drop to whatevr it needs to be. When you say 1800, I assume you mean th eCPU speed is 1.8Ghz? in which case yes, its low. If you overclock in software, take off all the settings and, preferably, remove the software, that should reset the speed. And yes, it is low :)

5. the_man550

Fixed it boyz, really nice.

OC'd my RAM a little more, 5-5-5-13, and the multiplier is at 9 as it should be.

My css video stress test result went from 180fps to 270 (I've just tried once) totally maxed [email protected] Wonder if I can put everything at very high when I play crysis now^^

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/709528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice