CPU overheating, 128°C??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Retreauxmusic

Hey there, recently I had a problem with my pc dying on me and I believe I've booiled it down to my cpu overheating. I've completely dusted out all the components I could and I've ensured my fans are working properly. I ran HWMonitor and found the cpu climbed quickly up to 128°C before shutting off. Voltage looks fine in the BIOS. And I just re-applied thermal paste to no avail. I've been battling with this all day, the temperature reading seams unrealistic but I'm really not sure. Both of the hoses on my liquid cooler felt about room temp upon the last overheat, whereas the actual sink or part that goes over the cpu was definitely hot to the touch. Any insight would be appreciated, earlier on in the day one of the hoses was getting warm but it doesn't appear so anymore. I can't get it on for more than about 5 minutes if I let it really cool off, and I definitely don't want to turn it on and risk it getting over 100°C over and over

Retreauxmusic

lve noticed when monitoring in bios the temperature will rise to about 92-93°C before it shuts off

Seems like your liquid cooling unit has failed. Either the pump quit or it lost its fluid. Do you have another heat sink cooler you can put on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online