1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InnatoLPWG, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InnatoLPWG

InnatoLPWG Thread Starter

Hey my name is Christian and recently i both a new cpu for my Pc. Its the AMD FX 8350. For this Cpu i also got myself a new CPU fan. The Artic Freeze Extr. Rev 2.
    So first things first i'm not a native english speaker so please excuse my writing.
    But now my problem. I installed all Hardware and it "works". The Fan is spinning, Cpu works fine as well.
    But after 1-2 minutes my system just shuts down. In my second try i entered the BIOS and saw that my CPU Temp was rising all the way to 80C (176F). I put the Thermal Paste, dunno what it is called in english , on the Cpu and scewed my Cpu Fan on it.

I am currently really frustrated and don't know what i can try.
    I hope some of u can help me:)

greatings from Germany
    -Christian

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

You either did a not quite good enough job of applying the thermal paste, didn't get the heatsink seated properly, or got a defective CPU.
    Watch this (I do it a little differently; but, he seems thorough and make sure you remove all of the old stuff if you redo it!)

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Most new coolers have a cover on the heatsink to protect the contact pad. Ensure that you have removed that cover.

Also, double check the installation and ensure you have the HS properly attached to the motherboard/cpu.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Sorry, I see you have the extreme version not the Pro. Looks like it can be a pain to get those AMD clips hooked, looks like you have to take the fan out of the middle to clip it. Search Youtube for this
    "Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme rev.2 on AMD"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice