Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU overheating!!!!!!

884 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Ok so recently I just had this problem occur to me where my processor is overheating to 95+ degrees which is way above what it should be im guessing I tried a variety of programs showing the temp and they all came up with 95+ degrees. I took a look inside yesterday And nothing looked bad but I didnt want to pull of the heatsink for fear of losing the thermal paste. someone help please.

#4 ·
How about the CPU for starters? Also the exact model of the computer if its a pre-built big brand system, or if its a custom built system then list all the parts including the motherboard and power supply and the heatsink you are using.

When you opened it up, did you check that the heatsink was securely installed and not loose? Did you make sure all the fans were working, obviously the CPU fan but also the power supply fan, graphics fan, and any case fans?

Also, did this problem start after any changes to the system?

#5 ·
to be quite honest im really new to the technical side of computers, I got this computer for Christmas I didn't get to see any of the specs, which obviously means I didn't put it together and search for parts n' stuff. it is a pre-made pc. I can tell you that the cpu fan is running correctly, I didn't want to touch it for fear of messing it up like static shock or something even though i grounded myself before, I don't even know where the gpu is, like it's not there or im just blind (probably just blind). I looked at the device manager.

CPU- AMD A8-7600 R7, 10 compute cores 4c+6G

GPU- AMD Radeon (TM) R7 Graphics

Power supply- idk what the make or brand is but i do know it is a 500W psu

Motherboard- this one was a bit tricky may or may not help I went in to cmd and typed in this command that this guy said(wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version) and it came up with this- Gigabyte Technology co., Ltd. F2A68Hm-HD2.

I couldent for the life of me find out what my heatsink was sorry...

#6 ·
Some of the info can be obtained by looking inside the computer, generally most parts have the model number printed on them or on a sticker on them. The motherboard will have the model number printed on it, but F2A68HM-HD2 is going to be it, the power supply will also have a sticker with the model number on it.

Also take some pictures of the computer of the inside and the heatsink and the power supply and post them here.

There's no issue of static shock when touching the heatsink, other components yes but not the heatsink.

What CPU temps does it list in the BIOS Setup?

#7 ·
Here is a link to the support page for your mb [at least for the part# you supplied]
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5289#ov
If you download and install easytune, it will provide accurate temp and voltage monitoring. ET is designed for gigabyte boards.

Note ET is also an overclocking utility so DO NOT make any changes to any settings. Just use the hardware section to monitor.

I have seen a few amd type coolers break spring clips or the lugs on the mount for the cooler break off. Is your cooler tight on the mount?

I didnt want to pull of the heatsink for fear of losing the thermal paste
You are most likely going to have to pull the cooler off anyway AND clean all parts/reapply thermal compound.

#10 ·
Here is a link to the support page for your mb [at least for the part# you supplied]
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5289#ov
If you download and install easytune, it will provide accurate temp and voltage monitoring. ET is designed for gigabyte boards.

Note ET is also an overclocking utility so DO NOT make any changes to any settings. Just use the hardware section to monitor.

I have seen a few amd type coolers break spring clips or the lugs on the mount for the cooler break off. Is your cooler tight on the mount?

You are most likely going to have to pull the cooler off anyway AND clean all parts/reapply thermal compound.
I'll have to buy some thermal compound first what would you reccomend?

#12 ·
I have a number of friends who are always fixing and using computers Maybe they might help, my cousin has a good history of fixing pc's and gadgets so i'll give him a try aswell. I'd rather ask one or two of my mates before hand and then if they don't know what's going on i'll probably send it back as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.