Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.72 V
+1.5 V 1.51 V
+1.8 V 1.82 V
+2.5 V 2.38 V
+3.3 V 3.25 V
+5 V 5.10 V
+12 V 11.63 V

can anyone help or suggest anything to stop my computer from switching itself off? i guess its switching itself off when i do things because it gets too hot...so...what can i do?

thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
95C for a CPU is very, very hot. Make sure your fans are working and turning. Check the RPM values. And also check for dust.

Was it always this hot or did this just happen recently?

#6 ·
thanks everyone :)

i can tell at least one fan is working, but i havent opened it up yet. im gonna check it out tomorrow and see if the fans are buggered...

Annorax - "Was it always this hot or did this just happen recently? "
i havent had this computer long. i brought it off someone.

ill report back here if i find out anything :)

thanks again.

#8 ·
I figured it had something to do with my interenet connection, due to the fact that the computer kept killing itself alot when it was online.

I checked my internet cable wire, and it looked pretty beaten up, so I went and got a new one, and now the computer works fine !!...thing is, if i played a game on my computer (the game requires 256mb ram and i have 256), and then went off it and did something else, the computer shuts down.

I'm guessing its cos I need more ram?...thing is, I can easily avoid the problem, so its not annoying serious like last time lol :)

#9 ·
still seems hot though....

Sensor Properties
Sensor Type SMSC LPC47M192
Sensor Access SMBus 2Dh

Temperatures
Motherboard 31 °C (88 °F)
CPU 95 °C (203 °F)
Aux 26 °C (79 °F)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.72 V
+1.5 V 1.50 V
+1.8 V 1.82 V
+2.5 V 2.40 V
+3.3 V 3.25 V
+5 V 5.10 V
+12 V 11.56 V

#11 ·
Hi. I am just curious about what kind of CPU is that you are using.

I don't know if there would be any misreport of temp in your sensor software. I personally did not trust too much about the figures because I have came across on wrong temp measurement with the mobo and old display card hardware sensor before. However the difference is not too critical as yours.

Per chance for you to have some handy heat sensor to try having a touch with the heat sink abve the CPU? If you have no experience before then forget what i am proposing as the result is meaningless if you don't know what i m saying.

#12 ·
You have to open the computer up and check the CPU fan and heatsink. The heatsink should be attached correctly, the notch on the bottom needs to be matched to teh socket, and the fan needs to be spinning nicely. Most CPU's die at the temps you're running at.

If its a sensor malfunction then you should be able to touch the battom of the CPU heatsink without burning your fingers, it should be slightly warm but not hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.