1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tyler23, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

I don't know what to do about my PC overheating and i was looking for some advice. I have an attachment of the temps and voltages of my computer.

Attached Files:

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need to tell us your system hardware specs as what you are showing us looks fine for many systems.

3. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

I have a 320GB Maxtor and 40GB Seagate(can't remember for sure, but doesn't really matter :rolleyes: ). ABIT KX7-333 Motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor. 1GB of RAM. Running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

One thing I didn't understand is that I have 4 80mm fans and it only says that I have 2 fans and that one isn't working. I can visually see all 4 of them working.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

You wouldn't happen to remember what core that is do you?
    A Barton?

5. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

Hmmm I feel stupid asking but what do you mean by my core?

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

In any case, 32C on an Athlon XP is a great a temp.

7. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

Okay well that definitely makes me feel better then. But that still doesn't explain my original problem of my computer crashing over and over while playing R.O.S.E. Online.:confused: It was suggested to me before that my computer was most likely over-heating.

8. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Is it only during this one game?

Might be your powersupply, or your drivers?

What are the exact symtoms when it restarts, do you get a blue screen? Does it crash pretty fast, after a few hours? Random?

9. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

Well it is an MMORPG so currently it is the only game I'm playing. So I can't completely answer the first question besides that it only crashes when I'm playing the game. Not sure about the power supply, I have a 350W Antec. It is very fast when rebooting. I'll be mid-play at any random spot and it just completely shuts off and reboots.

10. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

11. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I see from your previous thread that the problem was 'restarts'.

You need to run sysdm.cpl and go to Advanced > Startup and Recovery and remove the check for "automatically restart". That should get you a BSOD to look at.

In the mean time do this:

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last 2 or 3 minidump files to that folder. They are numbered by date.
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select "Compress to (folder name).zip"
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a 3rd party driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform this necessary test.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Windows Memory Diagnostic
    Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

12. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

Okay here is the last 3 entries.

Attached Files:

13. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

That memtest website confused the hell outta me...

14. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Which one? The one I gave you or one that Rollin' gave you?

15. Tyler23

Tyler23 Thread Starter

The memtest86 one which both of you gave me actually. But now that I read it more I figured it out. Well sorry to split in the middle of my problem but it is getting very late for me. I'll get back to you guys ASAP. Thank you very much for the help as of now!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/466392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice