CPU paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
You are not going to get a sensible review on here.
There are few UK users
Few of those will have used ANY thermal paste
Even less will have used that make.

I would be surprised if anyone has.

winpc

ref: Few of those will have used ANY thermal paste

I thought thermal paste, or at least some kind of compound as essential for cpu installs ?

Am I misreading what you mean ?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Yes, I didn't mean that it wasn't used in their machines, I meant that few have built machines and therefore will not have any knowledge about paste.

Tanis

Shane

crjdriver

If you check the specs on your link, it shows only 20% metal oxide and 80% filler. Arctic silver shows 88% thermal conductive compound with only 12% filler.

With that said, I have used arctic silver and a few other compounds. I have never seen any difference in temps or performance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online