1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU replacement for older eMachines PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigb123, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigb123

bigb123 Thread Starter

I have an eMachines PC which I purchased back in 2001. It has a 600 Mhz Celeron processor in it currently, and over the past few years, I've upgraded the RAM and hard drives to turn it into a fairly nice PC. It has always been very reliable, so I don't see any reason to buy a new one if I could just upgrade the processor in mine. I realize that system bus will limit how fast this PC will operate, but I have also heard that their are limitations on the maximum speed that could be installed, even if you're using the correct CPU format (slot 1, socket 370, etc.). Anybody know how to determine the fastest CPU that I could install in this PC? I know mine is a socket 370, and they make Celeron socket 370's all the way up to 1.4 Ghz, but I don't know if my system would accept a 1.4 Ghz CPU? Please don't respond telling me just to buy a new PC. Thanks!

2. bigb123

bigb123 Thread Starter

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  4. bigb123

bigb123 Thread Starter

That site was exactly what I needed! It even had a section for finding out that exact info! This forum is great. Thanks so much for your help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/605900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice