cpu running at 100%

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

obeone83

I am running windows 7. Sometime ago the processor was running a 100% after doing some research I found that windows automatic update was causing this problem. I corrected this by disabling automatic update in the services. I was doing updates manually several days ago I noticed the slowing down again and checked auto update in services it doesn't say automatic just updates I tried disabling it but to no avail. Where do I go from here my pc is by no means a speed demon see below any suggestions would be welcome.
Ed

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+, x64 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 88394 MB, Free - 51708 MB; D: Total - 6977 MB, Free - 392 MB; F: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 123685 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, AMETHYST-M
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+, x64 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 88394 MB, Free - 51708 MB; D: Total - 6977 MB, Free - 392 MB; F: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 123685 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, AMETHYST-M
You appear to have an old HP/Compaq brand desktop.
What is its model name and complete model number?
What is the exact product number(P/N) on it?

The reason why that processor is running at 100% is because it's an old single-core model with a benchmark score of only 413.
It's also my guess there are too many running processes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online