CPU Running Slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sn1p34

I resentily just got a new motherboard and cpu since my last 2 friead. My new cpu is 3.2GHZ HT But it is only running at 2.13 GHZ, my Mobo is an Asus X Series. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sn1p34

sn1p34

It's the P4S8X-MX-UAYGZ

*edit* I just noticed that my FSB is running at 533 mhz and I'm pretty sure my cpu is 800 mhz.

Did the mobo and cpu come as a 'package', with heatsink and fan attached ?
When you installed, did you re-set the 'cmos' on the mobo before starting up ?

sn1p34

I corrected the problem, it was underclocked my mobo was correctly clocked but when I installed the RAID drivers it reset my bios and underclocked my cpu, It's running at 3.19 ghz right now.

Thanks for the help :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online