CPU Sensor Reading Wrong?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Obinice

As you can see from the below Everest v2.2 report extract, my CPU temp reads at 33°C, surely that's wrong? It's been like this for ages I've just not been bothered to ask anyone about it, but I'd like to know. All the software I have gives me the same reading, so why is the CPU's thermistor reading wrong? And is it the thermistor, or is it Windows reading it wrong?...Oh and, what's this "Aux" temperature I have? I really have no clue. lol.

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type ITE IT8705F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Driver (NV-DRV)

Temperatures:
Motherboard 37 °C (99 °F)
CPU 33 °C (91 °F)
Aux 47 °C (117 °F)
GPU 54 °C (129 °F)
Maxtor 6L300S0 42 °C (108 °F)
Maxtor 6V300F0 43 °C (109 °F)

I think you're okay. My P4 CPU reported temps at idle are around 30 degrees.

Obinice

Interesting. I just wouldn't have thought my CPU would be cooler than say, my hard drive. lol. A random question, is it a good idea to keep my hard drive cool, to prolong its life? Or does it not matter, or what?

And any idea what that "Aux" temp is?

Thanks for the help! :)

It probably is low..... but being stable/consistent is a very good sign regardless.

Check the hardware monitor section of your BIOS for it's take on the temperatures.

("AUX" could even be the real CPU temperature)

The cooler your system, the longer it's life. That goes for every component, HD's, processors, RAM, vid card, etc.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It really depends on the system. A sure way to identify if the processor is really that temperature is to run a CPU intensive application and see which temperature goes up. :) My guess is that the aux will end up being the processor, and the CPU is really the MB sensor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online