1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU speed change...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mls1282, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mls1282

mls1282 Thread Starter

I have a supposedly 1400 MHz Athlon CPU, and at startup the screen indicates that it is running at that speed. But recently, when I started my computer it said that it was running at 1050 MHz...Any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

2. brianF

brianF

cpu is suppose to run on at 133 bus, somehow it is changing to a 100 mhz bus.

If cpu speed is being controlled from within the bios you may want to change and allow the jumpers to control it if you have that option,some do, some don't

3. mls1282

mls1282 Thread Starter

Where would I find those options??

4. brianF

brianF

check the manufacturers site or the motherboard manual.
    Like I said, some boards have both, some don't

It's possible this is one of those rare times when a bios flash is needed, something to check out.

5. mls1282

mls1282 Thread Starter

Can you explain exactly the pros and cons of the bio flash, and what I would need to do if it somehow messes up my computer more?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice