1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lex777, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lex777

lex777 Thread Starter

I have AMD Athelon XP 2100 @ 266Mhz FSB on ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MoBo. But when I boot up and screen shows speed of 1500 not 2100!! What might be the problem? Jumper seems to be on the right place at 266Mhz FSB. Is there anything else I need to check to make sure the max speed can be performed with my system?

2. carltasha

carltasha

I belive that is correct , the XP 2100 runs at that speed . nothing wrong.

3. maxximilian

maxximilian Guest

The naming of the XP2100 is an AMD marketing gimic. The true speed of that chip is 1.73GHz.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You should see two numbers during bootup; the cpu model number ie xp2100 and the actual clock speed which should be 1.73 GHz. If the cpu speed is being reported incorrectly, you may have the fsb speed set as 100 instead of 133. Check your manual for the correct method of setting fsb [bios or jumper].

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice