Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
695 views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
So, about a month ago after a night of gaming, I knocked my pc off as usual and went to bed. In the morning, I went to turn on my pc but there were some issues. For one, the LED around the power on button was not lit up, and the fan on my graphics card was not spinning, and so I had no display or post. After a lot of troubleshooting and unplugging and plugging things back in, i finally managed to get it up and running again.

Now, this was fine until a few days ago, where i got the BSOD and my system froze. After making sure everything was seated correctly and nothing was broken I realised there is an LED on my motherboard lit up.
I have an msi - z390 pro, and the LED is lit up on the ez debug led for the cpu.

I have repeated the cpu multiple times and have reapplied the thermal paste too, but I am unable to get any display or post, and the led is still lit up.

I am out of ideas as to what I can do, I mean, the CPU shouldn't have just died like this, when I got the BSOD, the cpu was not under heavy load or over heating so I have no clue as to what has caused this. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Caustin7,

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

#3 ·
Hi, it is a custom build, I built it in March and was running great until the first crash.

I am using vengeance pro rgb ram 16gb (2x8gb), and the video card is an asrock radeon rx vega 56, and the power supply unit is an aerocool integrator 600w.

#4 ·
the power supply unit is an aerocool integrator 600w.
Instant red flag when I saw this, rather than me tell you just how bad these PSUs are see the review of PSU expert JonnyGuru here and 10 Stripe here

The ASRock Radeon rx vega 56 requires a lot of clean and stable power/amps on the +12V rail and you will not get either from such a poor brand.

You do not mention whether or not any of the fans still work since the latest failure, can you let us know if you will.

May I suggest that you disconnect the computer from the power outlet and not try to start up the computer atm.

#6 ·
While Thermaltake PSUs are also on the avoid list it is a better brand than AeroCool, problem with the one that you tried apart from it being old is that it is below the spec required to run a system that has such a power hungry GPU.

Is the LED around the power on button still not illuminating, this with the AeroCool or Thermaltake PSU fitted.

I have tried it with a smaller graphics card and the fan will spin on that one.
Was this with the AeroCool or Thermaltake PSU fitted or with both.

What card, we need to know if the card requires a supplemental power dongle from the PSU or if it is fed by the PCI-E slot.

#7 ·
The LED around the power button did not light up with either psu.

I have tried the system without the graphics card installed, and the issue is still there, no display.

The graphics card I tried was a gtx 960. Which uses 2 x 6-pins to be powered.

#8 ·
The LED not lighting up is not a good sign I`m afraid as being that it is connected to the front panel header on the MB it could mean that there has been an electrical problem between the two.

Couple more questions;

What CPU do you have.

By "I have tried the system without the graphics card installed" do you mean that the card was physically removed from the PCI-E slot, we have to ask as some folk leave the card in and just hook up the display to the onboard video then wonder why they get no display.

Do you know how to do a barebones set-up outside of the case.

#10 ·
I suggest a barebones set-up on a large piece of cardboard using the Thermaltake PSU, no GPU and no RAM at all to begin with, before starting the disassembly, disconnect the mains power cord, press the chassis power button for twenty or so seconds and then remove the CMOS battery from the MB before continuing, this is a long shot but good luck.

#13 ·
I have hooked my ssd up to another set-up, and I am looking through the log files to try and detect what caused the issue in the first place, and I have came across this, I'm not sure if you know what any of this means, but it seems to be the source of the blue screen.
Font Pattern Parallel Number Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.