1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Temp and Case Temp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Domer_und, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domer_und

Domer_und Guest Thread Starter

Checking the Bios, My CPU is running at a Temp in the 44-50 C range and the Case temp seems to be around 36-40 C. I have a stock heat sink w/ fan and do not overlcock. I have a P4 630, an Asus P5GD2-Deluxe Mobo, and the Antec P160 case.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to lower the temps. I know they are not bad, but when just loading my machine and running the bios for 10 minutes, I don't think the CPU should be that hot.

I have 1 intake fan on the front of my case (120mm) and another out fan on the back (120 mm).

How much difference would better wire management make. (Right now Its a mess, although I tried to organize them somewhat out of the way!)

Thanks for the help.

Domer

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, the case temperature should not be more than 8-10C over the room temperature at idle. I prefer exhaust fans to intake fans as a rule, since they're generally more effective. I actually removed intake fans from two of my large tower systems and lowered the temperatures by 3-4C with no other changes. :) The indications I see are that your processor cooling is decent, but the case cooling is sub-standard.

If you remove the side cover, and the temperatures fall significantly, that's a clear indication that you need better case cooling.

3. Domer_und

Domer_und Guest Thread Starter

Could I simply turn the front intake fan around to make it blow out? Then I'd have two fans both blowing air out (one in the back, the other in the front). Or should I simply just remove the front intake fan all togther?
    *I guess I could just test this and see if their is any improvements huh?*

Also what other ways are there to cool down my case... i have an Antec P160.

Thanks for your help.

Domer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/352100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice