CPU Temp sensors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Giroux

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out. The temp readings on my speedfan were very high, cpu reaching 85C in game, cores 95C+. I recently applied arctic silver to my cpu, and my temperatures dropped. Now my cpu is 35C in game and cores around 50C. At any rate, prior to applying the thermal paste, i noticed after leaving my computer idle for about 15 minutes that my cpu was reading at 115C. I kept a closer eye on my temps and found it would spike randomly either idle or in game to about 115C. I was not sure what the cause of that was, or if that was even accurate, as I thought that kind of temp would melt it. While playing my game today, I tabbed out and checked speedfan which was already running and everything was normal, so I continued playing. 30 minutes later or so I tabbed out again and checked the temps again and everything was normal except my cpu was reading 115C again. Upon restarting my computer, it was then reading 26C idle. Am I to assume this is a sensor problem, as I find it hard to believe it is getting that hot all of a sudden. And if it is, is there a way to fix it? Here are some SS's that show specs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts