CPU Temperature goes UP on idle...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dave2121

CPU=i7 4790
Mother board=Asus maximums hero 7
hi, i have been having this problem for 2 months now, and i dont know what to do i tried many different things but it still persists. my cpu randomly goes up when iam idle, not on sleep but idle. for example i leave the browser on for google for 5 mins the temperature jumps from 45 to 52 and in 10-15mins 60 after i haven't kept it idle for that long when i started noticing the temperature going up. the max i have seen it go is 65. also i do have cpu unpark program but i dont think thats causing the problem because i can set the cpu to power save and i did that and tried turning the program off and still nothing.
what i tried to fix the problem:
1)checked task manager for any random process thats taking alot of power (found nothing)
2)reset my mother board.
3)did a clean boot

OH YA when iam idle and the temps are going up and then i start to use the computer(move my mouse) the temperature starts to fall back to normal. really weird i dont think its the thermal paste because, when i run my computer normally or intense playing really demanding games it does not do that.

hopefully someone can help me thanks!

Almost sounds like the fan controller running the fan to low at Idle. Make sure your CPU fan is not plugged into aux CPU fan connector, It has two. Do you have the AI suite? AI can adjust your fan settings. Is your CPU fan a 4 pin connector?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online