CPU Temperature..HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xOxOcHeErBaB

Ok..i play this game and like 5 mins after i start it my computer restarts itself so i go to setup and it says that there is a problem in the hardware monitor and when i go there the cpu temperature is higlighted in red

clean your computer out of dust. get a can of compressed air for it.

it maybe be necessary to get a new heatsink/fan for better cpu cooling.

xOxOcHeErBaB

Whats that? lol im sry im only 12...its 77 degrees C & how do u get a can of compressed air?

Couriant

James
77°C is hot (170°F)

You can get a can of compressed air from any computer store. If you are in the US, CompUSA, Circuit City, even Staples and OfficeMax will have them. Note that you need to keep it straight or the air coming out of the can will liquidfy.

You might want to check to see if your fan is running too.

In addition to that... depending upon the generation of computer processor your use (Pentium 4... or what not) there have been several revisions of heatsink assembly over the years... so if you do indeed need a new fan or heatsink your options or may be limited as to what you can do to remedy this problem... if indeed it is the heatsink fan make sure that the 3-Pin power suply is indeed connected and supplying power to the fan (the fan should be running at almost all times). If the heatsink (below the fan) is indeed caked with dust you might want to remove the fan before you blow it out with the canned air (be sure to hold the can upright... especially when full, canned air is a liquid in the can and if it is discharged onto the wrong parts or hot parts... bad things can/could happen). removing the fan to clean the sink or to replace it is usually just a matter of removing clips or screws, and more often than not (unless your heatsink and fan are a single module... PC stores will have the right fan to replace your old one with for under $10, but the whole assembly is much much more.

Here is a good site to show you images of what P4 heatsinks look like. if you are at all uncomfortable with working on your computer... please have someone that knows what they are doing work on it (IE make sure its unplugged, grounded with a static teather before you start any work)

good luck

How will you find the temperatuer of the cpu ? Do we have any specific oid to get the cpu temperature of any computer ? If so, plz through some light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
JF

I got a free program called -PC Wizard 2005. It gives cpu temp in celcius or farenheit,plus lots of other info. Don't remember where I got it ,maybe just Google it.Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts