Solved CPU Temperature Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arkandervish

Hello, community

I've got a problem with my CPU temperatures. My CPU is burning and i dont know why. Since I built my PC I had no single problem or at least I didnt know I have. I've tried multiple times to mount and demount my stock Intel CPU cooler while using CM Thermal Paste, but it didnt help at all. The temps are just insanely high. Idle CPU temps 120C+, and all the cores are about 90C. Please help me because I dont want to damage my CPU as I bought it 2 yo.

Thanks in advance!CPUtemp.png PC.png

crjdriver

First of all, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
Next speedfan very often returns flaky data; it was a good program in it's day however that day has long past. Check your temps in the bios OR if your motherboard mfg has monitoring software like asus and gigabyte do, use that rather than speedfan.
Next
I've tried multiple times to mount and demount my stock Intel CPU cooler while using CM Thermal Paste, but it didnt help at all.
For an intel type cooler, I always recommend pulling the mb out of the case. Doing so makes it easy to verify the four pushpins are fully seated. If you have installed the cooler more than 2~3 times, then I would highly recommend either replacing the pushpins or just purchasing a new cooler. Those pins are not designed to be removed and replaced very many times. The plastic on the pins distorts and it does not contact the cpu with sufficient force to transfer heat energy.

arkandervish

First of all, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
Next speedfan very often returns flaky data; it was a good program in it's day however that day has long past. Check your temps in the bios OR if your motherboard mfg has monitoring software like asus and gigabyte do, use that rather than speedfan.
Next

For an intel type cooler, I always recommend pulling the mb out of the case. Doing so makes it easy to verify the four pushpins are fully seated. If you have installed the cooler more than 2~3 times, then I would highly recommend either replacing the pushpins or just purchasing a new cooler. Those pins are not designed to be removed and replaced very many times. The plastic on the pins distorts and it does not contact the cpu with sufficient force to transfer heat energy.
System Specs:

MB: MSI H87-G43 Gaming
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Graphics Card: MSI N560GTX Ti HAWK Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
HDD: 500GB Seagate
PSU: Antec 750W
CPU cooler: stock Intel cooler

The cooler is well mounted. Doesnt move at all, so I guess it is OK. When I check the CPU temp in BIOS, it shows me 99°C.

crjdriver

If it is 99C in the bios, you do not have the cooler mounted correctly;
1 Pull the board
2 Remove the cooler and clean ALL parts with 99% or 91% alcohol. Do not use the 70% stuff you find in the supermarket
3 Apply new compound IAW [in accordance with] The thermal compound mfg's instructions
4 Reinstall the cooler. I would highly advise you to either use new pins or just purchase a new cooler
5 Reinstall the board and test

arkandervish

If it is 99C in the bios, you do not have the cooler mounted correctly;
1 Pull the board
2 Remove the cooler and clean ALL parts with 99% or 91% alcohol. Do not use the 70% stuff you find in the supermarket
3 Apply new compound IAW [in accordance with] The thermal compound mfg's instructions
4 Reinstall the cooler. I would highly advise you to either use new pins or just purchase a new cooler
5 Reinstall the board and test
I've removed the side panel of my case (the one that shows the back of the MB) and i saw that 1 pin wasnt in. I remounted it again with new paste and it works just fine. Thanks!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts