1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ttiefenbach, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttiefenbach

ttiefenbach Thread Starter

My CPU temp is reading between 55dC and 58dC on Idle. I know the temp will go up when useing applications heavily. That makes me concerned about the idle temp.

I run lots of 3D games, Paint Shop Pro, and AutoCAD. If I'm running these apps, I'm afraid I might be overheating the CPU. I've noticed some random freezes, but after a reboot, the temp is at the tidle temp. So I don't that's the cause of the freezes.

I didn't build the computer, I bought it pre-built. I've only had it a couple of days, so I'd just like to make sure the computer is safe for longivity.

My NEW Antec power supply is 350W and has the standard fan in the back, and an additional fan aimed into the case. There is no other fans into or out of the case. I have, what looks like (a circle shape of holes under the PS), room for a case fan on the back of the case, but no room for a side case fan.

Would I need a new case with fans to lower my temp?

2. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice