1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved CPU Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alwrmc, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I have a new computer, just getting it set up with my software and settings.
    When I run SPECCY, it shows a CPU average temperature in the 95C range.
    Would that be normal because it sure seems very high to me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 16
    RAM: 16330 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (152 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (1038 GB Free); E: 931 GB (133 GB Free); F: 3726 GB (2429 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., AX370M-DS3H-CF
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

3. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you sure that it's C and not Fahrenheit? Mine is floating around 93/94/95 F mark.

4. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I did not build the computer so the parts specifics are not readily available beyond what Speccy lists.
    Speccy reads the CPU temp as fluctuating from about 92 to 120 centigrade. All the other devices read in the mid 30 degree centigrade range.
    I contacted CyberpowerPC (the manufacturer) explained it to the tech. He asked for print screen shots using Speccy/CPU-Z/GPU-Z. I sent him those screen shots yesterday but have not received a response as of just now. I have not heard of "Ryzen master" but will give it a try.
    I have not (so far!) had any problems, slow downs or shut downs and I don't hear the fan speeding up or feel any excessive heat from the unit.
    Wondering if it might be that Speccy has a "bug" or programming error maybe?
    P.S. Defender is not used because I use Norton Security System.
    EDITED:
    I just downloaded and installed Ryzen Master. It is showing CPU temps of 34-51 degrees Centigrade.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM
  5. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I just went to the Speccy (Piriform) website, scanned thru the community forum and found others with the exact same problem. Apparently it has been dicussed on their forum for over two years!! I am feeling more secure now in believing that Speccy is NOT as accurate as I have always believed it to be.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why are you using speccy? Gigabyte has purpose designed monitoring software that is going to give you much more accurate info. Here is a link to the support page for that board;
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370M-DS3H-rev-1x#support-dl-driver
    Download/install app center first then install system info viewer. Monitor your temps with SIV.
    Unless you are overclocking, ryzen processors run reasonably cool. Not quite as cool as an intel however when I do not overclock my 1700X, it runs in the low 30s.

7. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Mainly because I do not know of all the other utilities available...that's one reason for using this forum, to learn about alternate methods of doing things.
    Speccy has always provided me with all the info that have needed. This is it's first "Failing" for me.
    The Ryzen Master that lynx1021 suggested countered Speccy's extreme temperature readings and allowed my heartrate to return to normal :). I've downloaded your suggestions and will be trying them to further ease my fears and concerns. (y)

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is always best to use the motherboard mfg's purpose designed monitoring program. It will give you the best info.

If you are using ryzen master with the idea of overclocking, I would not do that. IMO all overclocking settings ie cpu multi, bclk, ram speed, and all voltages should be set manually in the bios then checked for stability.

Ryzen has incredible performance however it takes careful tuning in the bios to achieve a decent level of performance. With an intel, you can just slap parts together and it runs well. With ryzen not so much. I have two personal systems here; an intel 7600K overclocked to 4.5gig and a ryzen 1700X overclocked to 3.9gig. Both work well however on any multicore benchmark, the ryzen system literally blows the intel out of the water.

9. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I have never been an "over clocker". None of the games that I play have been a problem for my machine(s), I just don't need to try to run them at maximum. All the other software, MS Office, PS Elements/Premiere, etc have no need for it. I do like a bit of extra memory and a reasonably good video card. So this new machine seems to be doing everything just fine once I got over the "over heating CPU" scare (smile). Thanks for the information and the advice.
    I think I can mark this one solved now. Thanks again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice