1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guri, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guri

Guri Thread Starter

I recently built a 1.4 GHZ AMD Athlon Thunderbird (266 FSB) machine. I bought the best heatsink and fan they had - The Global WIN WBK38 Dual. Also I've installed two case fans circulating air from the front to the back of the case.

I've done all of this and according to my Via Hardware Monitor the processor is still running at...hmmm, at this very moment, 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees fahrenheit) while the motherboard is at 38 (100).

Is this normal or am I worrying to much?

2. Guri

Guri Thread Starter

hmm, also how should I mount my case fans for the best cooling? It's a kinda stupid question but I didn't see all that much improvement from how I have them installed now.

I've attached a small diagram (escuse my mad Photoshop skillz) of how I have them installed now.

This is how a friend of mine suggested I set them up anyway. Is this right?

Attached Files:

3. onedavester

onedavester

If you are realy worried about temp reguation, I would run the pc without the case cover. I run an AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900 MHz system with dual processor fans, one 4" fan blowing air into the case, one two inch fan sucking air out, and a Leadman 400 watt power supply wit a 4" fan blowing air in and one blowing air out and my system was hovering at about 130 degrees farenheit. I then took off the cover and it runs at a steady 123 degrees. I think that your operating temperature is excellent. You should have no complaints.:cool:

4. drewwpb

drewwpb

5. p5mmx10g

p5mmx10g

amd temputure should with in the 90F-150F range, any other than that, no good.

6. spalding

spalding

if you are running a sink, case off or on, you should be fine. Threshold is up close to +170. I run 130 without a fan. All temps F.

7. Guri

Guri Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for all the help...guess I was worrying a bit to much...I'm gonna try VCool out and see how that works...

thanks again

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!