1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Temperatures

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pyritechips, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello Hardware Gurus!
    This isn't a problem, but a request for helpful advice that may prevent future problems. I have taken these data from my BIOS:

Current CPU Temp: 42C/107F
    Board (system) : 29C/84F
    Warning Temp : 63C/145F
    Shutdown " : 70C/158F

Should I change the warning & shutdown temps? should I get another fan? I have only the cpu and power supply fans at the present.
    ~Jim

2. brianF

brianF

That's really not that hot, but the true test is how hot it gets when it has a load on the processor and vid card.
    An additional case fan or two sure wouldn't hurt

3. NormaJean

NormaJean

Where in the bios does it talk about CPU temps and all that? I was in the bios on my computer earlier and saw nothing like that.

4. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    Some (or most?) new mobo's have temperature sensors on the CPU and board. Most older boards do not. Also, my board supports the 3 pin fan connector which allows fan RPM monitoring. Mine is ~4,700.

The highest, under load, Temps were: CPU: 51C/123F and board: 38C/100F.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/94748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice