1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved CPU temps at 100C and running slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Suvon102, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Suvon102

Suvon102 Thread Starter

Hi my I7 6700k temps are at 100c and my computer is running really slow like under 1 ghz speeds. I just reapplied my thermal paste and put back my Corsair H100i cooler.

Need help to know how to put temps back to normal.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    That temp shouldn't be causing slowness. My cpu under load will run about 145ish.

Have you checked Task Manager to see what is running?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Max temp for a 6700k is 64C so yes, it it going to throttle. Here is the intel spec sheet for that processor;
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-6700k-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html
    Next you post that you have liquid cooling. What is the pump rpm show in the bios? It may simply be that your liquid cooler has failed. Most liquid coolers should be at or around 2500 rpm.
    Unless you are overclocking, there really is no need for liquid cooling. I am not a fan of liquid coolers [even though my ryzen system uses liquid cooling]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice