1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brite750, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

do you think this is too hot for 750 T-bird, socket A type
    mobo 32
    cpu 57
    cpu fan 520rpm
    these are from aida32 sensor

2. McTimson

McTimson

Is that fan 520RPM, or 5200? If it's only 520, then you've got a problem....

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

135 degrees fahrenheit is pretty darn hot.

If you're hungry you could always fry up some bacon and make a BLT sandwich :D

Have you been to the CPU manufactures web site to see if it is within tolerance? It sounds way to hot to me... :eek:

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

If the fan is really only spinning at 520 rpm (instead of 5200) then you probably need to get a new fan.

I doubt the 750 cpu normally ran that hot.
    My old 1.4Ghz T-bird used to run about 50C at idle.

5. levi675

levi675

I agree, 57C is a bit warm though I'm not familia with the avg. temps for T-birds running >1Ghz. My 1.8Ghz T-bred ran around 42C - 45C before I installed a case fan to blow at the CPU (with another for exaust) Now I avg around 37C.

Max die temps for T-birds @750Mhz is 90C (for Socket A), and 70C (for Slot A).

Check this link for the table I'm referring to for the temps:
    http://www.thedigerati.us/info/amdcpuchart.html

6. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Look on the bright side... now you have a perfect excuse to buy yourself that really sweet water cooled system for your CPU :p :D

7. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

Holy crap wah happen, who let the decorator in to tsg, anyway, yeah sounded hot to me too, may have to try new hsf setup. Its been doin this shut-dn restart thing ocasionally for not apparent reason, memory checked out ok, power supply, maybe, but that does seem hot.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Max temp for that processor is 90C. I start to worry when the temp is >55C; so I would start to investigate the problem. You might need to add a case fan, or just a complete cleaning of the system with a can of air. Check that all fans are turning and that intake and exhaust vents are clean and clear of dust.

9. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

yeah everything is clean, got 1 fan in front one out the back, hsf blown out, its turning 5200 rpm according to aida. I should get one of those 60 to 80 adapters or something maybe.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If the case has good airflow, ie all wires, cables, etc tied up and out of the way, you might try pulling the hsf and reapplying thermal compound. Make sure that the old compound is completely cleaned off. If you have been thinking of an upgrade for your hsf, now is an excellent time to do the job. I use Speeze falconrock coolers on all of my AMD builds. Last time I bought one from newegg, it was about $15.00 including shipping.

11. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Yeah I completely gutted my computer the other day and cleaned it all out with compressed air. You'd be surprised at how much dust builds up in a years time :D

12. cnclathrop

cnclathrop

I have also been running at about 54 to 57 on die temp on a xp 2000 and haven't had any problems with a thermatake volcano 7+ with a 80 mm fan blow hole over the top of it and 2 case fans push and pull . ext cpu reads 38 and case reads 31 are you sure this is on die temp??

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!