1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU unworkable or changed. Please recheck. - CPU Soft Menu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by masakix0, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masakix0

masakix0 Thread Starter

i just bought a new case, and when i transferred everything over i got a message. the first message was CMOS checksum error.. i tried to hit f1 to continue but my keyboard wasn't detected. after unplugging everything and replugging, i didn't recieve the message and i was able to get to the windows XP login screen...but my keyboard was still not being detected. after unplugging again i started teh system up again. this time i got the "CPU unworkable or changed. Please Recheck" message. i read the other thread about this topic...but i have one more problem. my motherboard does not want to detect my keyboard, so i am unable to access the setup to reset my bios...please someone help!!! here are my computer specs:

ABIT VI7 Mother Board
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800 mhz fsb (northwood) processor
    512 mb ddr ram
    ATI Radeon 9600 256mb video card

if you need any other specs please send me an e-mail at [email protected]

need help fast!!! (my dad says he won't buy me a new computer)

2. norton850

norton850

You can try to reset CMOS according to the instructions in your manual. That might get you keyboard back. That's obviously the first thing you need. If it doesn't work try a different keyboard.

Did you reformat your hard drive before installing it in the new system? If not you will have more problems.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

When you installed it into a new case, did you also move the power supply over? It could be, if you changed power supplies, that the new one is not provideing a stable enough voltage for your mobo. Also check the capacitors on the board, if any are bulging on top, or leaking, plan on RMAing the mobo.

Failure to detect a PS2 keyboard is normally a sign of a faulty ground or faulty voltage to the PS2 port.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice