1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cpu Upgrade/software Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mandius, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandius

mandius Thread Starter

Bought the Performa 600 mHz processor upgrade...installed it and... my floppy was dead...software for the new CPU is on floppy... download software at Evergreen site requires a floppy drive..worse: bought a new floppy and that won't work.
    Evergreen Tech Support is silent to e-mail.

Any ideas about software to allow me to do a self-tweek?

Thanks, mandius

2. brianF

brianF

check the cable and power plug going to floppy, make sure it is tight and connected with red stripe to pin 1.

Check in bios, make sure floppy is enabled and set to 1.44m

Good chance you just knocked the cable loose

3. deuce

deuce

Also, make sure any pins weren't pushed in any time you've adjusted the cable. I did that once. :D Just putting it out there...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice