1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

? Cpu Upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Hi there everyone;

I am currently running a Celeron 950 MHZ/100 MHZ system bus with 128 KB Cache. I am going to upgrade if there will be a BIG advantage to my system. My two choices for CPU's are 1.2 GHZ/ 133 MHZ system bus with 256 KB cache - choice numer two is a 1.266 GHZ/ 133 MHZ system bus with 512 KB cache. My motherboard is compatible with these two choices. Which one of these would you recomend that I use? There is a 150.00 price dif. between the 1.2 & the 1.266 being the more expensive.

Thanks for your replies & help ;)

After this my next choice will be to SCRAP the system LMAO!!! :D

** Crylynx **

2. antares

antares

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Consider that if you have PC-100 memory, you'll be replacing that as well to get the higher FSB speed. You may want to consider a MB upgrade and a larger jump in speed if you're spending the money anyway. :rolleyes: You can pick up much higher performance AMD processors with a MB attached for the prices I see on the chips in the previous message...

4. torgo

torgo

I would recommend the Shuttle AK32A with Athlon XP1800 at Tigerdirect.com $129.00 you could add 512 MB of PC133 memory for 69.00

A good video card at a good price is the Abit Siluro MX440 64 MB DDR at Googlegear.com for @65.00

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice